Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Assessment of Tools

Robert J. Sales

Assessment of Tools/ rating of tools (thumbs up, thumbs down, either or)

1. delicious.com

I find delicious.com to be very helpful. It helps me organize information. The amount of information that I am able to gather and store is endless. It is easy to use. By adding individuals to my network, I am able to access more information. The ability to create bundles allows my information to be further organized into subcategories. It is user friendly.
(Rating: thumbs up)

2. firefox

I just started using firefox browser in class. Most of my searches are done on yahoo or Google. I really do not have anything bad to say about firefox.
I need to use it more.
(Rating: either or)

3. Google

There is more to Google than just for surfing the web. There is a lot that this tool has to offer. Right now I am just using the basic operations ( gmail, blog account, igoogle, maps…etc.) It is relatively easy to use. This were I do most of my researches for information.
(Rating: thumbs up)

4. MOODLE

This is a great teaching/ learning tool. I find our MOODLE easy to use and navigate through. It gives simple, easy to understand categories for us to access. I am able to upload my work, likewise receive information on homework, due dates, additional information, etc. The MOODLE can always be up dated to reflect our changing schedules. This is my first experience using a MOODLE.
(Rating: thumbs up)

5. WEEBLY.COM

My fifth tool that I just recent became familiar with is a tool used to help develop a website. Weebly.com is an easy tool to use and navigate your way through. I have never created a website before this tool. It is a great started tool for those of us who have little to no experience. There are pop up prompts which helps guide and assure you that everything is coming along fine.
(Rating: thumbs up)

6. YouTube.com

The sixth tool that I have been using is YouTube.com. I mainly use it to look up information on how to do things. You can also upload your own video to share with others. It is a very easy tool to use. I have used some of the videos on YouTube.com for examples in my school work.
(Rating: thumbs up)

7. yahoo.com

Yahoo.com was my first tool that I have used from the beginning. This search engine is easy to navigate through. Most recently my group and I have been using the chat room/ yahoo messenger. There’s games that are offered( text twist: our group used).There are many more features that I have not explored.
(Rating: thumbs up)

8. educationworld.com

This is a website for everyone. The site contains lots of information for teachers. Shows activities which teachers can use in their classrooms. It has various sites for professional development of teachers. Educationworld.com is easy to navigate through.
(Rating: thumbs up)

No comments: